Job Description - Secretary
Attendance at all Board Meetings is expected; service on the Board must take precedence over other organizational responsibilities.
- Maintain accurate records for the National Board.
- Coordinate travel and meeting arrangements.
- Keep accurate minutes of the meetings and distribute them to Board members within one month after the meeting.
- Maintain accurate rosters of National Board members, complete files of minutes and corrections, and any handouts distributed.
- Preserve official records of all Executive Committee meetings, National Board meetings and the Triennial Meeting, and supporting documents.
- Submit all records of the triennium to the Archives of The Episcopal Church at the close of the term to include but not limited to minutes, financial records, the Communiqués and the Distinguished Women booklet.
- Secure information for arrangements for all Executive Committee and National Board meetings.
- Make reservations after Executive Committee has given approval.
- Notify Board members of meeting plans and transportation options.
- Assembles travel plans of all members and distribute the schedule, along with other pertinent information (location, emergency phone contacts, weather conditions, etc) to members three weeks before each Board Meeting.
- Arrange local transportation as needed for Board Meetings.
- Coordinate meeting site deposits, installment payments, and final payment for meeting sites with Treasurer and ensure that they are paid in a timely manner.
- Serve as contact person at the meeting site.
- Issue and maintain emergency health cards of Board members.
- Serve on Board committees as requested.
- Maintain a notebook with all information pertinent to the Secretary’s tasks, responsibilities, and electronic and print records to be given to a successor.
Written and oral communications skills
Attention to detail
Proficiency with computer and other technology devices including online conferencing and social media