Job Description - Second Vice-President
The Second V/P must have served one term on the National Board of the Episcopal Church Women prior to election to this office. Attendance at all Board Meetings is expected; service on the Board must take precedence over responsibilities with other organizations.
- Plan, supervise, edit and disseminate all information and communication about the Episcopal Church Women, including print, film and electronic.
- Assume the duties of First Vice-President should the First Vice-President be unable to serve, or become President.
- Serve as Chair of the Communications Committee.
- Serve as public relations coordinator for the National Board.
- Oversees work of Multimedia Member-at-Large.
- Oversee the production of the ECW Communiqué and the eCommunique.
- Proof the copy of the Communiqué before printing.
- Oversee the design, production and distribution of ECW brochures and other printed materials.
- Oversee an accurate record of materials requested and distributed.
- Meet with the Province Representatives at the end of each Board Meeting to determine items to be included in letters to be distributed after each Board Meeting.
- Oversee the production of all electronic and print media including website and social media, and obtain Board approval prior to distribution.
- Provide the Secretary with copies of all issues of the Communiqué published during the Triennium, for the Archives.
- Attend the Annual Meeting of the Episcopal Communicators; may designate the Multimedia Member-at-Large to attend in her place.
- Oversee implementation of the Communication Awards at TM.
- Assume duties of Multimedia Member-at-Large when that position is vacant.
- Maintain a notebook with all information pertinent to Second Vice-President’s tasks, responsibilities, and electronic and print records to be given to a successor.
Oral and written communication skills
Attention to detail
Design and layout skills
A thorough understanding of the intricacies of the Triennial Meeting
Proficiency with computer and other technology devices including online conferencing and social media