Job Description - First Vice-President
The First V/P must have served one term on the National Board of the Episcopal Church Women prior to election to this office, preferably with service on the Triennial Meeting Team. Attendance at all Board Meetings is expected; service on the Board must take precedence over other organizational responsibilities.
- Plan and implement the Triennial Meeting, and serve as Chair of the Triennial Meeting Team.
- Assume the duties of President should the President be unable to serve.
- Oversee all details pertaining to the Triennial Meeting.
- Coordinate the work of the Triennial Meeting Team in designing overall program for the Triennial Meeting.
- Serve on the Joint Standing Committee on Planning and Arrangements for General Convention, which meets once per year, and on its Executive Committee, which meets once per triennium.
- Serve as liaison to the professional convention management company hired by the General Convention Office.
- Report to the National Board all actions of the above named committee and management company.
- Facilitate an orientation for Triennial Meeting delegates and alternates.
- Coordinate with General Convention volunteers who are assigned to the Triennial Meeting.
- Review the Triennial Meeting Timeline at each Board Meeting and evaluate the need for adding or deleting tasks.
- Maintain a notebook with all information pertinent to the First Vice President’s tasks, responsibilities, and electronic and print records to be given to a successor.
Organizational and management skills
Attention to detail
Oral and written communication skills
A thorough understanding of the intricacies of the Triennial Meeting
Proficiency with computer and other technology devices including online conferencing and social media