Good Book Club Inspiration Submissions
The National Board of Episcopal Church Women is asking that once you've read a passage or series of passages in the Gospel of Luke and the Book of Acts, you respond to them by tapping your inner creative spirit.
Please share with other Episcopalians your original visual images or words or music (no copyrighted work), which sprang to heart and mind as you marked the scripture. Your interpretation of it could well help others go deeper as they seek to learn and inwardly digest what the ancient stories are telling us in this day and time.
Everyone, no matter their age or level of artistic training, is encouraged to create. The ECW will commit to sharing your creativity by displaying, in a gallery-style format, the creations you send to us. ReadCreate visual art may also be displayed publicly at General Convention / Triennial Meeting 2018 in Austin, Texas.
As Br. Luke Ditewig of the Society of Saint John the Evangelist has said, "...the arts [are] a gift for all of God's children of every age. ...Don't think. Just be. Play. Imagine. Create. See what comes."
Transforming encounter with scripture, meet the transforming power of art. See what comes, indeed.
How to submit your inspired creations
- For artwork, craft work or non-digital photography, create a digital image (using a camera phone for instance, or with a scanner).
- For music, please create or convert to an MP3 file.
- Submit the digital file using this page - you will be asked for your name, which will be used to credit your work, and your email address, which will only be used to contact you if necessary. You do not have to identify the specific passage that inspired your creativity unless you want to. If you wish to supply additional information, please address it to email@example.com.
- We will post your submission in the gallery and publicize it.
- You can make multiple submissions.
NOTE: By submitting your original artwork or music via the upload service linked here, you are granting the National Episcopal Church Women (NECW) and Forward Movement the right to present your submitted work on our websites without compensation or obligation. The NECW and Forward Movement assert no copyright interest in submitted works, and you are agreeing to have your submitted work displayed publicly without download protection.
If you have questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.