The National Board of Episcopal Church Women uses the following statements to guide its work:
The purpose of this organization shall be to empower the women of The Episcopal Church to carry out Christ’s work throughout the world.
As the eyes, ears, hands, and heart of Christ in the world, we will persist in the work of healing, justice, and peace.
Living the Ministry
To live Christ's ministry we:
- Listen to voices of women worldwide;
- Promote educational, spiritual, and social programs which minister to women and children;
- Provide opportunities and tools to grow relationships with God and others through spirituality, prayer, and worship; and
- Encourage the development of women's leadership by example in stewardship, training, and education.
And as we pursue furthering God's kingdom here on earth, we use of the Five Marks of Mission, developed by the Anglican Consultative Council and adopted by The Episcopal Church's General Convention, to help frame our thinking about mission and ministry. The Five Marks are:
- To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
- To teach, baptize and nurture new believers
- To respond to human need by loving service
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth